Thursday, August 11, 2011

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

Operation Facebook
DATE: November 5, 2011.

This is the video

Twitter :
Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook

Attention citizens of the world,

We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows:
Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy.

Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world. Some of these so-called whitehat infosec firms are working for authoritarian governments, such as those of Egypt and Syria.

Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your "privacy" settings, and deleting your account is impossible, even if you "delete" your account, all your personal info stays on Facebook and can be recovered at any time. Changing the privacy settings to make your Facebook account more "private" is also a delusion. Facebook knows more about you than your family.

You cannot hide from the reality in which you, the people of the internet, live in. Facebook is the opposite of the Antisec cause. You are not safe from them nor from any government. One day you will look back on this and realise what we have done here is right, you will thank the rulers of the internet, we are not harming you but saving you.

The riots are underway. It is not a battle over the future of privacy and publicity. It is a battle for choice and informed consent. It's unfolding because people are being raped, tickled, molested, and confused into doing things where they don't understand the consequences. Facebook keeps saying that it gives users choices, but that is completely false. It gives users the illusion of and hides the details away from them "for their own good" while they then make millions off of you. When a service is "free," it really means they're making money off of you and your information.

Think for a while and prepare for a day that will go down in history. November 5 2011, #opfacebook . Engaged.

This is our world now. We exist without nationality, without religious bias. We have the right to not be surveilled, not be stalked, and not be used for profit. We have the right to not live as slaves.

We are anonymous
We are legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us


Anonymous vows to 'destroy' Facebook on Nov5

Hacktivist group Anonymous has threatened to "destroy" by November 5 social networking giant Facebook, which it accused of "selling" users' data to "authoritarian" governments.

In a message posted on video-sharing site YouTube, Anonymous said people who want to protect the freedom of information should "join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy."

"Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world. Some of these so-called whitehat infosec firms are working for authoritarian governments, such as those of Egypt and Syria," it said.

It said everything users do "stays" on Facebook, regardless of their privacy settings, adding deleting one's account is "impossible."

The hacktivist group urged the public to "think for a while and prepare for a day that will go down in history. November 5, 2011."

"One day you will look back on this and realise what we have done here is right," it said.

This is the video

'Strange' move

A blog entry on Village Voice, however, said it was strange that a hacker group that had stolen information "as they please" now claims to want to protect privacy.

Anonymous had teamed with Lulz Security to hack several government and corporate websites earlier this year.

"Doesn't that sound strange, coming from people who routinely steal private information as they please? But this echoes the manifesto of a related group, LulzSec, whose nihilistic perspective on the state of the Internet kind of made sense," it said.

"Will Anonymous be able to successfully lay waste to Mark Zuckerberg's fortress? This is set to be the Internet showdown of the year," it added.

Anonymous' social network hacked

On the other hand, Anonymous' latest threat came in the wake of its upcoming social network AnonPlus being hacked and defaced earlier this week.

The attack on AnonPlus ( was supposedly in retaliation for the group's attack on Syria.

A report on The Hacker News on Tuesday afternoon said the home page of social network AnonPlus ( was replaced with a message that read "Terrorist kills."

"In response to your hacking to the website of the Syrian Ministry of Defence, the Syrian people have decided to purify the internet of [y]our pathetic website. Your website has been hacked, and here we leave you these photos showing the scale of terrorism committed by Muslim Brotherhood Organization, whose members have been killing Syrian citizens - civilians and military," read the message on a screenshot of the defaced site, posted on The Hacker News.

It added Anonymous had been "defending this (terrorist) organization" and that the defacement "is our response."

The Hacker News reported the defacement followed Anonymous' claiming responsibility for defacing the website of Syria's Ministry of Defense.

As of Tuesday afternoon, visitors to were redirected to another site,, which appeared to be a mirror site.

While the screenshot did not say who defaced the site, The Hacker News said the University of Toronto's Citizen Lab "credited the AnonPlus defacement to the 'Syrian Electronic Army.'"

It was the second time the group's upcoming social network was defaced.

Last July, the AnonPlus site was hacked and defaced, leaving the administrators stewing.

In the July attack, a Turkish hacker, “Akincilar," defaced the site with a tampered logo of Anonymous, with the head of a dog. The “Cyber-Warrior" logo was placed above the tampered Anonymous symbol.

AnonPlus was made public last July, amid reports that its members decided to form the new social network after being kicked out of Google’s Google+. — TJD, GMA News


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Prenup shoot at Libingan ignites online firestorm

Tasteless. Crass. Outrageous. Disrespectful.

These were just some of the words by Internet users describing the creative prenuptial photos of couple Ruskin and Priscilla taken at the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, resting place of Filipino soldiers and dignitaries.

There appears nothing wrong with the couple's choice of a unique venue — it does, after all, offer scenic views and comely perspectives of white crosses sprawled against Bermuda grass — but they took the shoot a notch up with unusual poses.

In the prenup's gallery posted on the website of East Digital Studio, commissioned by the couple to do the shoot, the two were frolicking in the cemetery grounds seemingly oblivious to the field of crosses that lay behind them. (As of this posting, the controversial photos have been taken down from the studio’s website, except for a couple of images.)

In one photo, Priscilla — toasting with a glass of wine on her right — is sitting atop one of the crosses as three bottles of expensive spirits are on a small table in front of her.

In another picture, Ruskin was photographed sitting on a cross and puffing on a cigarette, but the two had switched garbs — he was wearing Priscilla's long black dress, she was in Ruskin's traditional Barong Tagalog.

Still, in another shot, the groom-to-be is hugging tight a cross, a wide grin across his face, as if posing for a "wacky" shot.

The photos seemed meant to break the conventions of prenuptial shoots where couples are often photographed in sweet, mushy moments that draw a chorus of "Awwww..." from women.

Netizens unimpressed

Filipino social media users and forum posters, however, were not impressed by the couple's "stunt."

"Unfortunately, a lot of Filipinos absolutely have no sense of love of country," lamented PinoyExchange user _Bahay_Kubo_.

Said user ransom on the Philippine Mac Users Group forum: "I haven't quite decided myself. Part of me finds it original, another part can't help but think this was done in rather bad taste. These are the graves of our soldiers around which they're frolicking and striking funny poses."

"The cemetery being labeled as 'Libingan ng mga Bayani' deserves respect. If they just wanted a cemetery for a photoshoot they could just have picked other cemeteries," argued user toophakeen.

Esoteric concepts

Others, however, saw nothing wrong with the whole thing.

User boybastos15 of PinoyExchange forum said he wasn't offended by the shots. "Picture lang naman...they didn't vandalized or made the place dirty naman e," he said.

"Unless we are actually affected, as in personally offended, we shouldn't bash... others. "honoring the dead" and "honoring heroes" are esoteric concepts made-up by the mind which these two strangers may not believe in," argued fightingmaroon on

In a comment on social networking site Google+, Commission on Elections spokesperson James Jimenez said the outrage against the act can limit the allowable spectrum for artistic expression.

"If someone did something that someone else thought was outrageous and that someone else mounts a social media shame campaign and stampedes a gov't agency to buy into the campaign, then what form of expression is safe? Only the ones we like?" Jimenez asked.

Comedian Gabe Mercado, one of those who first posted about the issue online and whose tweet garnered more than 90 retweets on Wednesday, argued that while artistic expression is an accepted idea, expressing oneself distastefully in a place deserving respect defines the limit of self-expression.

"In the same manner that we sing the national anthem a certain way and we fold the flag with respect, it is my belief that the same courtesy should be extended to the Libingan ng mga Bayani," Mercado said.

Mercado and Jimenez were, however, united against calling for a boycott of the studio.

"Please, no to boycotts. Let's be proactive and just ask for more stringent applications of rules already in place at the Libingan," Mercado stressed.

It happened once before...

Online users pointed out that the couple was probably trying to replicate an earlier prenup shoot involving Jay Contreras of the band Kamikaze and Sarah Abad, sister of actress Kaye Abad.

In this earlier photoshoot, the couple was seen in similar unusual shots taken at the Clark Veterans Cemetery in Clark Field, Pampanga.

There was no outcry against them.

Responding to the outcry, the studio offered an apology to those who were offended.

"We are agreeable with your empathy on the reverence of our beloved remains at the Libingan ng Mga Bayani and it is our utmost apology to had conducted a prenuptial pictorial in that holy ground," the company said.

It was the couple's idea to hold the shoot at the Libingan ng mga Bayani, and the studio and its photographers just heeded the client's requests, according to East Digital.


This is the FAN PAGE for
100,000 likes to condemn desecration of graves of Filipino soldiers